About Me

My photo
Back when I was a child Before life removed all the innocence My father would lift me high And dance with my mother and me And then Spin me around 'till I fell asleep Then up the stairs he would carry me And I knew for sure I was loved If I could get another chance Another walk Another dance with him I'd play a song that would never ever end How I'd love love love To dance with my father again If I could steal one final glance When final step One final dance with him I'd play a song that would never ever end Cause I'd love love love to Dance with my father again I know I'm praying for much to much But could you send her The only man she loved I know you don't do it usually But Dear Lord She's dying to dance with my father again Every night I fall asleep And this is all I ever dream

The Future Learners' Lives Innovator

The Future Learners' Lives Innovator
○_○gaHuT○_○

Monday, June 22, 2009

MIS as subject description in BSIT...

A new environment, new campus, new professors and new subjects. A whole brand new atmosphere. I am a transferee, formerly a student of USeP Tagum-mabini Campus but now currently an officially enrolled in USeP Obrero campus taking up Bachelor of Science in Information Technology.

Our course was offered at Tagum campus only for just two years that’s why we are urged to move here in Obrero for it is what is planned before hand. And now were in major adjustment period.

In connection with my enrolled course-BSIT, I have my subject IT313 with description Management Information System (MIS) under the advisory of Dr. Randy Gamboa whom a totally stranger to me.

As blank as an white empty sheet of paper, I have no idea about the nature o my new subjects as well as with my professors. Until such time, Dr Gamboa approached the class. I was actually out of the scene because I weren’t there when he went to the prescribed room for the time was supposedly 10:00-11:30 in the morning but he arrived around 10:30.

Well anyway, I am fortunate enough to be informed by my classmates although were not yet acquainted. Funny but luckily I have this blessed courage to ask them about the left assignments. Then I was lately informed. At least!

Dr. Gamboa ask the class about the subject description which is Management Information System. Folks, if my notion would be asked, it is the term used or given to the matter which focuses with the integration of computer systems and human management with general goal of organization.

Let us try to separate the Management Information from its original clause for the mean time. It had discussed that ther are four related activities for management namely: planning, directional, organizing and controlling. We can have a text clues why we can say management is when someone needs to be manage; meaning you cannot work independently. Thimgs can be managed are processes, procedures and systems.

Consequently, Information system is another aspect. We have Information Technology which is composed of hardware and software which is extended into people ware in the end we can have an equated equation that goes: I.S. (Information System) = hardware + software + people ware.

Therefore, Management Information System or simply MIS can be considered as subset of the overall internal and external controls of a computerized system covering an application of people and technology.

Looking back with the equation of an information technology, it deals with software, hardware and people ware; the first two mentioned can be manage but not the people.

In connection, Management Information System really a prescribed and appropriate subject description for BSIT students in order for them to learn a so-called people management application.

The development and management of information technology tools assists future IT analysts and other related professionals in performing any tasks related to the processing of information.

In general, as an BSIT aspirant student, one must be willing to take all related leanings and beneficial things for Management Information System which is essential to know and study. Go beyond delving deeper.

No comments: